How to Make Roasted Chicken with Veggies Galore
The Easiest One-Pot Meal
This is an easy dish to make, is delicious, is a one-pot meal and everyone will think you worked all day on it. I love it! The best part is that there is minimal clean-up since everything is in one pot.
When all is said and done, you will have tons of juice in the pan, so no need for making gravy.
Enjoy it while it's hot!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1/2 head garlic
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 small bag baby carrots
I use my homemade sofrito to season my chicken!
- How to Make Puerto Rican Sofrito
No Puerto Rican recipe is complete without the starting base known as “sofrito.” The sofrito is used to season rice, beans, soups, chicken, beef, and pork – the staples of this cultural food.
- Season a whole chicken with your favorite seasoning and place in a baking pan or roasting pan.
- Cut potatoes into cubes. (leave the skin on for best flavor).
- Thinly slice the peppers and onion; then finely mince the garlic.
- Add the water into the baking pan without washing the seasoning off of the chicken.
- Add all of the veggies in the pan around the chicken.
- Season the veggies like the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees and baste the top of the chicken occasionally to keep the breast from drying out. Remove from oven when chicken is cooked thoroughly and the skin is golden brown.
Rate this recipe
by Liza Lugo, J.D.
© 2012, Revised 2014. All Rights Reserved.
Ms. Lugo retains exclusive copyright and publishing rights to all of her articles and photos by her located on Hub Pages. Portions of articles or entire content of any of these articles may not be used without the author's express written consent. Persons plagiarizing or using content without authorization may be subject to legal action.
Permission requests may be submitted to email@example.com.