- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cream
- 1/3 milk
- 2 Tbsp. cooking wine or any dry white wine
- 1/2 a large onion
- 1 large bell pepper, any color
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- cooked angel hair pasta
Cooking the chicken breasts:
- Take the chicken breast and flatten. You can do this by covering the chicken with plastic or placing it in a zip lock bag, taking a meat mallet or a rolling pin and pounding the chicken evenly. Do not flatten too thin; you want the chicken breast to be about an inch thick on all sides. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a pan, heat some olive, about 3 Tablespoons; place the chicken breasts in the olive oil and cook on medium heat for about 6-8 minutes; about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Remove from heat and set aside in a warm place.
Directions for sauce:
- Remove seeds from bell pepper and cut into thin strips. Take the onion, remove skin and slice into strips. Then take garlic cloves and mince; crushing the garlic with the flat side of a knife, makes it easier to remove the skin; Set the veggies aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter on low to medium heat; make sure not to brown the butter.
- Take the minced garlic and add it to the butter, cook for about 30 seconds, until garlic becomes fragrant. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Pour in the wine, cream, milk and Italian seasonings and stir; add salt & pepper to taste. Let sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens a bit.
- Toss in the chicken and remove from heat.
- Boil angel hair pasta in a large pot until al dente. Drain pasta.
- Add the sauce, chicken and veggies to the pasta and toss together.
- Serve sauce immediately and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Notes: If you are needing to make a large batch, just double the ingredients.