Garlic Stuffed Chicken Breasts
If you like the taste of garlic and onions you will want to try these chicken breasts. The aroma of them baking in the oven will have everyone in the house asking what's for dinner, and when will it be ready.
The following recipe is easy to prepare, and can be on your table to enjoy in less than an hour. To accompany the stuffed chicken breasts I prepared a colorful pepper, broccoli, and bean sprout stir fry with a side baby spinach salad.
Cook Time for Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients for stuffed chicken breasts
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, or chicken breasts with the skin left on
- 5 garlic cloves, if this seems too overpowering use less
- 1/3 cup of butter
- green onions
- lemon pepper, or another seasoning you'd prefer
- cooking spray
Step by step photos for preparing stuffed chicken breastsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Preparing and stuffing the chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare an oven safe baking dish by applying cooking spray and set aside.
- Grate the garlic cloves and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add butter to the garlic cloves and microwave on high for two minutes. Set aside.
- Chop the green onions.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. In the thickest part of the chicken breast cut a diagonal slit. With a teaspoon add the garlic butter mixture into the slit. Add about a tablespoon of the chopped green onions into into the slit, close the slit with toothpicks, and set the chicken into the baking dish.
- Brush the remaining garlic butter mixture onto the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with the lemon pepper or a seasoning of your choice. Pop into the oven, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
For Boneless Chicken Breasts
- For this recipe I used chicken breasts with the bone in. If you want to use a boneless chicken breast reduce the cooking time by ten to fifteen minutes.
- A four ounce boneless chicken breast cooked in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven should normally take 20 - 30 minutes.
- To make sure that chicken is cooked use a meat thermometer. Chicken will be cooked when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part.
Approximate Values for One Stuffed Chicken Breast
|Serving size: 11 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 95 g||190%|
|Cholesterol 264 mg||88%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Stir Fry Veggie Side Dish
While the chicken is cooking you'll have plenty of time to prepare the stir fry veggies.
For this stir fry veggie side dish you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 3 heads of broccoli flowers and the stalks cut up
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of frozen baby carrots
- These peppers are also known as sweet peppers, bell peppers or capsicum.
- 1/2 large yellow pepper
- 1/2 large red pepper
- 1/2 large orange pepper
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1 bag of bean sprouts
Stir Fry VeggiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Instructions for Veggie Stir Fry
- Heat the olive oil up in a wok or large skillet, and add the chopped garlic.
- Next add the broccoli and stir fry for one minute.
- Add the chicken broth, and frozen carrots and continue to stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced peppers and chopped onions. Stir fry for approximately 3 minutes.
- Once the broccoli is cooked to almost your liking add the bean sprouts, and stir fry until they are heated through.