- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Chinese Eggplant with Cheese
I love eating eggplant. One of my favorite types of eggplant is the Chinese eggplant. It can be prepared in many different ways and makes for a great side dish or appetizer. Below is a Chinese eggplant with cheese recipe that is very delicious and is easy to make. It doesn't take up a lot of time either, which is great when you have a very busy lifestyle.
The next time you crave for something tasty and different, or the next time you feel like entertaining your friends, try this recipe out. It is sure to be a hit.
- 2 Chinese eggplant
- Cheese, Grated
- Dried Basil
- Canola Oil, Olive Oil, or Grapeseed Oil
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: 2 - 3 servings
- Take two Chinese eggplants, wash under running water and pat dry with a paper towel. Then slice diagonally on a cutting board.
- Salt each eggplant slice on both sides and then baste both sides with canola oil or an oil of your choice.
- Add a little cooking oil to the skillet and place on medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, place the Chinese eggplant slices and fry for twelve minutes turning them over on both sides.
- Sprinkle with dried basil and add shredded cheese. (If you don't have shredded cheese just take a piece of cheese and shred it on a cheese shredder.) Cook for about three minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Remove the Chinese eggplant onto a plate or serving platter and enjoy.
Below are some photos from the Chinese eggplant with cheese recipe.
Basting Chinese Eggplant with Oil
Chinese Eggplant - Salted and Basted with Oil
Fried Chinese Eggplant with Cheese
Another Way to Enjoy Chinese Eggplant
There is another way to enjoy Chinese eggplant... Simply prepare it the same way as above but without the cheese. Then cut each slice of the Chinese eggplant into smaller pieces. Add slices of white onion and some orange grape tomatoes. Sprinkle some grapeseed oil or olive oil and some dried basil. Then cut a few slices of Mortadella and fry on each side for a few minutes. Place on the plate next to the Chinese eggplant and enjoy. You can add some freshly toasted bread if you like.