- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Chinese recipes-Skin Aspic
We Chinese has a colorful traditional culture, including our Chinese cuisine and Chinese recipes. Here the Skin Aspic is very common and popular for our Chinese, We make it in hot summer or around festivals. You can find the reason why we love it after you try this dish. And I am sure you will fall in love with it too,
skin aspic 肉皮冻 rou pi dong(Chinese pin yin)
1 pound pigskin
Some dried red chilli
Some Star anise
Some Chinese cinnamon
Some Chinese prickly ash
1. Pour some water into a wok, put in the pigskin and bring to a boil, continue to boil for 3 minutes, then take out and drain well, wait until cool.
2. Scrape off the grease from the pigskin over and again.
3. Cut the pigskin into shreds.
4. Make seasoning wrap by wrapping up the dried hot chili, star anise, Chinese cinnamon, Chinese prickly ash and fennel with gauze.
5. Blend water, scallion sections and sliced ginger and seasoning gauze wrap, bring to a boil, pour in soy sauce, and sugar.
6. Pour in shredded pigskin, bringing to a boil again and reduce to simmer over gentle heat until a chopstick can penetrate and the cooking liquid thickens.
7. Remove to a closed container and keep in low temperature.
8. Cut the skin aspic into cubes and serve with dipping sauce