- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
Chocolate Cake: Best Shooter Cocktail
Before we begin..
Chocolate Cake seems to be a woman's best friend sometimes. When you're having fun and drinking, probably not. Though, you can drink a chocolate cake! I'm not into a lot of sweet stuff, and this drink is not super duper sweet, so don't worry there. Sure, there is sugar in it, but you can substitute for Truvia, or Stevia, or any other sweeteners.
It's a very delicious "shooter" that involves a few simple ingredients, and a few tools. These are great drinks to serve at parties, or to order at a bar. If your bartender doesn't know this drink, let him or her know how to do it, and they'll whip it up for you pretty quickly. It doesn't take a whole lot of work, and it tastes just like a chocolate cake.
We have been making these drinks the last couple of days (I know, right?) and they go down smooth. Personally, I can't really shoot liquor. If it's Tequila, sure, but I have a pretty hard time swallowing anything gross tasting like alcohol. I think it stems from those childhood memories of my parents trying to make me drink cough-syrup, in which case I would sit in the bathroom for hours staring at it. My parents would tell me to take it, and I'd cry and cry. Of course I was twenty at the time.. kidding, I was probably 5. I'd rather be sick than drink that nasty crap. But, chocolate cake shooters I can do!
Lemon & Plate (for Sugar)
- 2 Shots Absolut Vanilla Vodka, Chilled
- 2 Shots Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur, Chilled
- 3-4 Ice Cubes, Preferably Chilled..
- Any Amount Desired Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- After you've got the liquor, lemon, ice and sugar all on the counter, you're going to stuff some ice in a shaker. You can use however much ice you want, but make sure it's not too much so that the shaker has plenty of room inside.
- Get a shot glass because you want this to be equal parts or it will taste like a vanilla cake, or possibly hazelnut sugar. Or crap. Pour 2 shots of Vanilla vodka, and 2 shots of Hazelnut Liqueur over the ice.
- Let that sit for a second, and grab your lemon. Slice your lemon into wedges that you'd see on the side of a tea glass. Remove the seeds because you're going to be putting this in your mouth (that's what she said).
- Grab your sugar, and sprinkle enough sugar on a small plate that it will coat both sides of the lemon wedge. Coat the lemon in the sugar now or after you've shaken the drink. Set that aside.
- Put the lid on your shaker, and shake it like you're getting paid. Like a polaroid picture, if you will. Please use two hands, I don't want to be responsible for ruining your Suede curtains. Or blinds, in my case.. Some people think shaking it for ten seconds is good, but it's not. Shake it until there's ice frozen to the outside of the shaker. You may need a towel, or some gloves..
- After you've shaken it, and hopefully didn't drop it like it's hot, strain the drink in to two separate glasses (hopefully you're not drinking alone..tsk tsk..kidding) and make sure it's equal.
- If you've shaken it enough, there should be ice crystals in your drink. You don't want your drink to sit too long as it will separate, so take it ASAP. Grab your lemon in one hand, drink in the other.
- Now, for the finale, bottoms up. Drink the entire glass (it's two shots, you can handle it) and after you've swallowed, stuff that sugared lemon in your mouth and suck. Again, that is what she said. Once that lemon gets in your mouth, it will taste just like a chocolate cake. The drink itself isn't too bad by itself, but the lemon tops it off with some delicious cake after-taste.
- Clean up your mess! Or make ten more drinks because they're amazing.
Not -TOO- Bad
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
If you make this recipe, please let me know. I'd really like to know how it turned out, if you added anything different or if you just plain hated it. I don't drink very often, but when I do, I want it to be something that pleases the palate and makes me happy. I don't drink to get so drunk that I can't see straight. I just like to relax, have one of these drinks and be a happy person while I sit in my home and watch the television. You could really impress your friends by making one of these and you don't even have to shoot it. I know, I know, it says "shooter" cocktail, but you could very well sip on it. Just remember, it will separate a little bit if you wait too long to drink the whole thing and you may have to continue to stir it every time you take a sip. You could also ask your bartender to make you one of these -- you may even help him or her out with tips for the night by having everyone purchase one of these drinks! Have fun and be safe!