Chocolate Caramel Nut Cheese Pie | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
My Hubber friend Habee asked me about a recipe for this and sure enough I checked the Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book and wha la! This recipe comes with a bonus alternative as a lemon topping is easy to do as well. Either one you choose, Do Enjoy!!
1 prepared crumb crust pie shell.
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
2 eggs beaten
1 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup Granulated Sugar
Pre Heat Oven to 350 Deg F / 177 C
Pre chill crust for 1 hrs in refrigerator
- In a mixing bowl, blend lemon juice and cream cheese together, add beaten eggs and sugar and beat until fluffy, pour into chilled crumb crust.
- Bake in pre heated 350 Deg oven for 50 mins for Chocolate Caramel and 25 minutes for Lemon, remove from oven and cool for 5 Mins before adding toppings
Chocolate Caramel Nut Topping
½ Cup sliced blanched Almonds
1 bar (5oz) Chocolate Carmel Candy (I prefer Cadbury’s )
½ cup Heavy Cream
- In a small saucepan over very low heat toast almonds for 3 to 5 minutes, dtirring frequently until golden, place nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same saucepan over low heat combine candy bar and cream, stir until the candy is melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool for 5 mins and stir in the toasted almonds.
- Pour over top of Cheese Pie and chill uncovered for 1 hour cover and chill for 3 hours before serving.
1 tbsp Lemon Peel
1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 cup Sour Cream
- In a mixing bowl, mix the topping ingredients together and spread over pie.
- Return the pie to the 350 degree oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool and chill the pie for 5 hours before serving.
Yield on either 6-8 pieces
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...