Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowl Recipe
Rate this Recipe
If you are looking for a new, creative dessert to share with your friends, look no further. Cookie bowls are the new recipe craze that will have you thinking, "what should I fill them with next?"
This recipe will show you how to make your own chocolate chip cookie bowls that you can fill with ice cream, pudding, whipped cream, fruit, or anything else you can think of!
The Ingredients for Cookie Bowls
Wondering what to fill your cookie bowls with? Try one of these tasty ideas:
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Bavarian Cream
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp. Hot Water
- A Pinch Salt
- 3 Cups Flour, White
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
Cookie Bowl Photo RecipeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Buy Supplies for this Recipe
- Mix the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl until it is a fluffy mixture.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time until blended.
- Add the vanilla to the mixture and beat until blended.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water.
- Mix the dissolved baking soda and salt into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Stir in three cups of flour.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until equally spread throughout the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turn a muffin tin (or cupcake pan) upside down and lay on a flat surface.
- Rub oil or spray Pam on the bottom of the tin to keep the cookie bowls from sticking.
- Roll a ball of dough (about the size of a golf ball) in your hands and pat it until flat.
- Place the rolled and padded dough onto the back of one of the cupcake holders on the tin (as shown in the photo to the right).
- Add more dough to the back as needed to make a cookie bowl.
- Continue making the bowls until all of the cupcake holders are covered.
- Place the muffin tin (cupcake tray) into the oven (upside down) and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they are cooked (approximately 25 minutes).
- Take the tray out of the oven.
- If your cookie bowls have expanded and touch the others, use a knife to shape them until they are round like a bowl.
- Fill the inside of the bowls with your favorite filling and serve!
What's your favorite filling?
Be creative with your toppings or fillings! These bowls can be used to hold candies like M&Ms or Hersey's kisses. If you choose to fill them with candies, you can also wrap them with cellophane and tie the top with a ribbon to give away as gifts.
If you want to put ice cream in the middle of the bowl, add sprinkles, whipped cream, and a cherry on top to give it that extra punch. You can also add slices of banana around the outside of the bowl to make it like a banana split!