Chocolate Chip and Vanilla Cookies
My Recipe Of The Week!
If you read my profile, you would have read that I collect recipes from where ever I can get them and I actually pick one every week, make it and have my family rate it. Three stars (***) being excellent, that is what I rated this recipe made with Hershey's products. Not all the recipes I collect get three stars, some actually get one star which means bad. Sometimes they sound really good as you read the recipe but do not prove good after they are made. The opposite is also true, sometimes a recipe sounds a little too simple but turn out to be really good. They say the simple things in life are the best.
That what this recipe is, simple and it turned out to be one of the best I have for cookies. The secret is that it is made with a cake mix. That's what keeps these cookies so soft and decadent. One bite will keep you wanting more.
Hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did.
If you have trouble with the cookies getting too brown on the bottom and not baked enough on top, try what I do.
If the recipes calls for baking 10 minutes, then bake the cookies 5 minutes on the bottom of the rack and 5 minutes on the top. When baking the bottom rack should be in the middle of the oven and the other one on top.
Only when cooking meat or vegetables should you put the racks close to the bottom.
Photos of cookies
- 1 box fudge marble cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup Hershey's chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Lightly grease the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl coming the cake mix, egg, oil and 3 tablespoons of the water; mix it with a spoon until thoroughly blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl combine 2/3 cup batter, the chocolate packet from the cake mix and the other 1 tablespoon of water until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop vanilla batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet; gently press down center with back of a spoon.
- Drop chocolate batter by rounded half teaspoonfuls onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool lightly before removing from cookie sheet to platter. Cool completely before storing in a container with a snap on lid.