Chocolate Panini The 5 Minute Chocolate Cake
Rate your Summer Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake without the Oven
Are you craving chocolate cake, but you don't want to heat the house up with your oven? Chocolate Panini can save your summer day! These sweet cake treats bake in 5 minutes in the electric panini maker. They taste like mini chocolate cakes! Nice to have a fast summer treat to share. Add a side of vanilla icecream. These would be really easy to include in a picnic basket.
You can add filling. Add a light chocolate mousse. Just drop a few spoons in the center and cover with more chocolate batter. I tried chocolate pudding; which is why I recommend a mousse. Jello has a mousse like pudding in the dairy section, so pick one up for this recipe.
Every other chocolate panini recipe is created with bread. This one has cake batter instead.
Frost the cake with regular store bought icing of your choice. If you want to go a little lighter, drizzle icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar. You can let it cool a bit like you do any other cake and then frost it when it is cool.
I use Somersweet as my sugar substitute. It is a bakeable sugar and equal in measurement to sugar. You can use Splenda cooking sugar as a substitute or just use regular sugar. Splenda also has Splenda brown sugar; which you can supplement for the regular brown sugar. Just pack the brown sugar lightly rather than firm for this recipe.
I used a White Westinghouse electric panini maker with 4 triangles that allows for pourable batters. Make sure you get those triangles pretty full so it will cook both sides of the cake at the same time and evenly.
A small mixing bowl and a rubber spatula is all you need to mix the ingredients. You can use an electric mixer if you prefer.
Preparing and Cooking The Cakes
Ingredients for chocolate batter
- 1 Cup Swans Down Cake Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Ghiradelli Unsweetened Cocoa, Powder
- 1/2 Cup lightly packed brown sugar, You can substitute Splenda brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Somersweet or Splenda or Sugar, Somersweet or Splenda sugars are substitutes or use regular sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
How to make the Chocolate cakes
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl with a rubber spatula. Cake Flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda and salt.
- Add liquids. Egg, vanilla and milk.
- Mix all together with the spatula till well mixed and looks like cake batter.
- Heat the panini maker (5-10 minutes while mixing the batter).
- Prepare any filling you plan to use or cook without the filling. I recommend using Mousse or pudding. Again, storebought pudding cups work just fine.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the heated panini maker. If you are adding the filling, don't fill it. Just add a layer, spoon drop the filling and pour more batter over the top to cover.
- Close the panini maker and cook 5 minutes.
- Lift the cakes out with a clean spatula. Let cool on a plate. Frost with any store bought frosting flavor of choice. Serve.
- Healthy products, sugar substitute
diet, sugar substitute, cooking sugar, somersweet, healthy, dietary fiber
- Peach Panini Recipe
Panini recipes very with the style of panini maker or cooked in a skillet. This one is in an electric panini maker with 4 triangles. You have the options of reducing the sugars and using sugar substitute and using heart healthy bisquick mix instead o