- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make an Easy Chocolate and Orange Torte
A Recipe Sooo Good
This chocolate dessert is absolutely divine. It is a rich, creamy chocolate cake which is off-set with the tang of orange to contrast with the creamy taste. The orange does a fantastic job of removing some of the sickly effect that the heavy topping can create but still compliments it wonderfully.
If you love chocolate cake then you should definitely give chocolate torte a try with this quick and easy recipe.
The basics of this cake do not elaborate on decoration nor embellishments but if you have the time, inclination and skills you definitely jazz up the cake into something even more spectacular.
If you also need some more inspiration for desserts you can find a great selection of dessert recipe books on Amazon. The prices range from basic to premium depending on what your budget is for your cooking hobby.
As you can see from the photo the chocolate torte was so tantalising that the dinner guests couldn't wait to get into it and a great big chunk was taken out before I could even get the camera out. The chocolate torte did not live long past dinner time and there was barely any left the next day!
Let me know what you think of my recipe by leaving a comment.
- 3/4 lb margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup strong coffee, brewed
- 1-1.5 tsp vanilla
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Combine margarine, sugar, orange juice, orange liqueur, and coffee in a heavy saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Stand to cool.
- Whisk in the eggs until combined. Pour into prepared pan (lined with grease-proof paper). Bake 35 to 45 minutes until center is set.
- When the torte is baked either leave in a refrigerator overnight or for 4 hours.
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 17 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 13 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Here's what I used to make this oh so good chocolate torte:
- Whisk or egg beater - they do the same job
- Flan tin
- Measuring scales
© 2012 Bobby