- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
I love dips! I love to dip tortilla chips in creamy, spicy cheese dip, so I'm always looking for a new way to cook it. I also have found in the last couple of years that I really enjoy chorizo, which is a type of Mexican sausage that is spicy and tastes wonderful. I decided to try my own version of chorizo dip also known as "choriqueso" in some Mexican Restaurants. So here goes. Hope you enjoy it. I serve it with tortilla chips and jalenpeno slices. Muy bueno!!!!
Making Chorizo Dip
- 1 16 oz pack chorizo sausage
- 1 16oz pack white processed cheese spread, block
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Use a medium size skillet to brown chorizo. Cook about 15 minutes to be sure it is done. (If you are not familiar with chorizo, it often comes in plastic casings and has to be cut out of the casing. Then it will scatter and brown like ground beef, but it is really dark due to the spices so make sure it is completely done.)
- Once the chorizo is done, drain it well. I run hot water over mine to rinse away excess grease.
- Cut the cheese spread into cubes.
- Put the chorizo, refried beans, tomatoes, and cheese cubes into the crockpot. Cook on high for 1 hour and low for the second hour. Serve hot with tortilla chips and jalepenos.