This recipe is for a vegetable "salsa" if you will made from common vegetables pickled and spiced. The longer this stuff chills in the refrigerator, the better it is. This treat is spectacular served over various peas, beans, and greens (oh so good with kale). It needs to be refrigerated.
- 2 cucumbers, seedless, peeled & diced tiny
- 2 tomatoes, medium, diced tiny
- 2 jalepenos, diced tiny
- 2 bell peppers, diced tiny
- 1 red onion, diced tiny
- 1 sweet onion, diced tiny
- 1 16 oz bottle prepared Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- Dice the various vegetable up into tiny pieces. Use a food processor if you have one as it is considerably faster.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl (preferably one with a lid so you can store it easily).
- Pour the Italian Dressing over the vegetables. Then pour in all the other ingredients - the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let it sit at least 24 hours. Serve with beans, peas, and greens. So delicious!