Chow Mein-The Best Of Chinese Noodles
Chinese noodles can be made into a variety of dishes such as American Chopsuey,Chow Mein,Chicken Noodles,to name a few. Depending on the choice of meat and vegetables, you can alter it to suit your palate while using the basic Chinese sauces and flavorings that give it the authentic Chinese taste. Chow Mein differs from the simple Chinese chicken noodles only because a sauce is made for the seasoning and served over a bed of crispy fried noodles,or cooked and then fried noodles.
How To Prepare Chow Mein:
You need to cook the noodles before proceeding to prepare the Chow Mein. The 5 Simple Steps To Cooking Perfect Noodles teaches you how.
200 gm noodles
200 gm chicken
200 gm cabbage
1/2 cup chicken stock
60 gm mushrooms
2 stalks celery
1 flake garlic
1 inch piece ginger
2 tsp soya sauce
2tsp chilli sauce
2 tsp tomato sauce
2 tsp vinegar
2 cups peanut oil
salt to taste
- Shred cabbage
- Crush garlic
- Slice ginger & leeks
- Cook chicken and shred to small strips.Save the stock.
- In a pan,heat tsp of oil,add slightly beaten egg and cook till set. remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add 2 tsp more oil,fry crushed garlic,sliced leek,cabbage,mushrooms,sliced ginger,shredded chicken.
- Separately blend cornflour and soya sauce with some of the chicken stock. Pour his into the mix on heat.
- Simmer till sauce thickens.
- Add chilli sauce and tomato sauce and vinegar.
- In another pan, fry the cooked noodles in remaining oil for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, put the noodles into a deep serving dish,decorate with egg strips and top up with the chicken-vegetable mixture.
Best eaten hot!