Screamin' Hot Chili Recipe
Famous among family and friends, my husband makes a damn good spicy chili. Hot enough to make sweat bead up on your forehead, while still keeping a delicious flavor. Serve it up with some cheese, sour cream, crackers, and cornbread - you're in for a treat. Don't forget a cold beer, and maybe some Tums!
- 4 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Medium Onions, Diced
- 2 cans Light Red Chili Beans, 15.5 ounce
- 2 cans Dark Red Chili Beans, 15.5 ounce
- 2 cans Hot Chili Beans, 15.5 ounce
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes, 28 ounce
- 2 cans Stewed Tomatoes, 14.5 ounce
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, 10 ounce
- 1 jar Jalapenos, Small
- 1 packet Chili Seasoning, Hot
- 2 boxes 2 Alarm or Carol Shelby's Chili Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 cups Water
- Sautee onions in a small frying pan, and set aside in a large stock pot.
- Brown ground beef adding salt and pepper as you go. Drain, and add to stock pot. You may need to do this one pound at a time.
- Add about one cup of water to the stock pot and turn the burner on to simmer.
- Drain and rinse light and dark red chili beans. Add to stock pot and stir.
- Add hot chili beans to stock pot and stir.
- Add all tomatoes to stock pot and stir.
- Drain jalapenos and add to stock pot and stir.
- Add all seasonings and remaining cup of water to stock pot and stir. We usually skip the "Masa" included in the 2 Alarm or Carol Shelby's chili seasoning boxes. If you prefer a thicker chili, you may want to add the masa packet.
- Turn heat up to low/medium and stir occasionally over the next few hours. Taste it a few times, and if it isn't spicy enough you can add more hot peppers or chili powder.