Christmas Candy 2: Peppermint Bark
Candy Cane Glass
Peppermint Bark is a festive and incredibly delicious treat. It is simple to make and requires only two basic ingredients - white chocolate and crushed hard peppermints (or candy canes). This scrumptious Christmas delight is inexpensive to make and makes an excellent homemade gift. To create an even more festive appeal, try topping the bark with Christmas colored sprinkles or candy confetti. Delicious! For another variation try using wintergreen (green) peppermints.
- 1 lb white chocolate candy
- 1/2 lb peppermint candy, (can use combination of red & green)
- Sprinkles, (if desired)
- In a double boiler, over medium low heat, melt the white chocolate. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.
- Crush up peppermints with a hammer. Add the crushed peppermint to the melted white chocolate.
- Line a rectangular cookie sheet with wax paper. Pour the peppermint and chocolate mixture into the sheet on top of the wax paper.
- Allow peppermint bark to cool and harden well. Break into small bite sized pieces. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!