- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Christmas Peep Cake
I love cooking and being creative. My food is all that and more and I love sharing it with the world. The holidays is always that special time of the year when I really get to break out all the pots and pans and play with the spices. Baking is my favorite thing to do especially with the "PEEPS" my kids love them even though to be quite honest I can't stand anything that has marshmallow in it, but I do it for them and you can create all kinds of themes with them.
Like this cake for example; I did this for Christmas dessert and needless to say it didn't last an hour before the kids and even some of the adults completely engulfed the whole cake. At least they enjoyed it. As I hope you and your family do as well.
- 1 box Cake Mix, any flavor
- 2 packs Christmas Peeps
- 1 pack candy canes
- 1 bag smarties candies
- 2 containers cream cheese Icing
- 3 eggs
- 3 packs peep candy rope
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Bake the cake until done. Check with a tooth pick. If it comes out clean it is done.
- place the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes to cool this makes the decorating easier.
- Once cooled place frosting on the cake. Add a tablespoon drop of icing on top and place a Peep tree in the center. add Candy Canes to the scene.
- Place peep ropes around the edge of the cake top and bottom and smarties candies in the center...