- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy to Make Chunky Salsa
Salsa is a wonderfully versatile dish that can be served any number of ways. It works well as a perfect starter before a main course and can even be served as an accompaniment with the main meal. It can be used as a garnish on top of meats and fish and it also works well in a salad. Traditionally people like to eat salsa as a snack with tortilla chips or crisped pita chips.
Please note that this recipe calls for a diced habanero chilli pepper and chipotle powder, which will make the salsa spicy, but it can be removed from the recipe if you do not want spicy salsa.
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- ½ Green pepper, chopped
- ½ Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Cup Mixed beans
- 1 Cup Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Habanero Chilli Pepper, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Dill
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- Chop up the tomato, green pepper, red pepper, garlic, coriander and onion. (Note the onion can be substituted with green onion and the coriander can be substituted with parsley). Place them into a bowl. Add the beans. Take the hot pepper, remove the stem. Cut it lengthwise and then proceed to mince it finely and add to the chopped vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, add the dill, garlic powder, onion powder and chipotle powder. Take the oil, lemon juice and vinegar and add to the spice mixture. Make sure it is mixed thoroughly and then add this to the chopped vegetables. Mix everything together. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips or toasted pita bread.