Cinnamon and Honey Ice Cream
In my opinion not many flavours are more delicious than cinnamon. What could be better than cinnamon ice cream?
Whilst most ice creams are associated with beautiful summer days, this is an ice cream for the winter months. Its frozen cinnamon honey creaminess should be slowly savoured inside despite the cold dark miserable day outside. My mum makes this ice cream to accompany apple strudel at Christmas. It goes especially well with apple-based desserts, but it can also be served on its own.
Cinnamon ice cream is best enjoyed on special occasions in small portions as an extra special indulgent treat.
Cinnamon Ice Cream
Preparation and freezing time
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 grams runny honey
- 200 grams whipping cream, (or double cream)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat up a pan of simmering water to make a water bath.
- Whip the egg yolks, honey, cinnamon and two tablespoons of water together in a bowl placed over (not in) the water bath
- Once the mixture is thick and creamy lift from the water bath and keep stirring until the mixture cools.
- Whip the cream until it forms peaks and fold in the honey mixture
- Place mixture in the freezer until frozen.
|Calories from Fat||225|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 25 g||38%|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Sodium 9 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|