Citrus Ginger and Mint Iced Green Tea Recipe
Prep time: 7 min
Cook time: 2 hours
Ready in: 2 hours 7 min
Yields: Six 8oz glasses of tea
- 6 cups water
- 5 bags green tea leaves
- 1 bag mint tea leaves, or 1/4 cup lightly crushed fresh mint leaves
- 2 inches ginger root
- 1 orange or 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup honey
Click thumbnail to view full-size
- In a 2 cup measuring cup boil 1 1/2 cups of the water. Add the green tea and mint tea bags or fresh mint leaves if using. If your tea bags have strings and tags cut them off. Let steep 5 minutes
- Meanwhile peel and thinly slice the ginger root and add to a large pitcher.
- Wash and slice the orange or lemons. Add all of it, including peel to the pitcher with the ginger.
- Once the five minutes have passed for the steeping tea dissolve the 1/4 cup of honey in the still warm water.
- Add the tea water and tea bags to the pitcher. Also add the remaining water.
- Let tea sit in the refrigerator at least two hours before drinking. Use within a week. The tea gets stronger every day so if you like how it tastes and don't want it getting stronger remove all the bulk.