Coconut Cupcake Recipe with Mango Puree Filling
If you are looking for a sweet, tropical dessert that will excite your taste buds, these cupcakes are for you! These tasty treats combine coconut and mango and delight everyone who takes a bite out of them.
These cupcakes are special because they are made of a sweet, coconut cake topped with an exciting, tangy mango puree. Add mango squares to the top to give it that extra flair. If you really want to deliver in presentation, sprinkle these cupcakes with shredded coconut flakes and dye them with food coloring if you like. I'm sure that anyone you share these with will love them--as all of mine do.
Rate this Recipe
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Butter
- A pinch Salt
- 2 Mangos
- 12 oz. Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Mango/Coconut Cupcake Photo RecipeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Have you ever eaten cupcakes with mango?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place twelve cupcake holders in a muffin tin.
- Mix the butter, cream and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time into the bowl while beating.
- Keep beating until blended and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract to the bowl and beat until blended and smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder) in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter and cream mixture in portions, being sure to blend the ingredients after each addition.
- Add the shredded coconut into the mixture and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Fill all of the cupcake holders about three quarters full with the batter.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a metal rack.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, cut up the mango into cubes (as shown in a picture to the right; click on the thumbnail images to see the picture at a larger size).
- Put the mango squares into a blender and blend until it is a smooth puree.
- When the cupcakes are cool, place them back into the muffin tin or on a large platter to fill and coat.
- Use a cookie cutter (or a baker's tool like the one in the picture to the right) to scoop out the center of the cupcakes.
- Take the mango puree and fill the cupcakes with it.
- Coat the tops of the cupcakes with the rest of the puree and place some of the leftover mango squares on top to give it that special look. You can also sprinkle the top with coconut shavings for an added topping.
Other Topping Choices
If mango isn't your favorite fruit, consider adding another type of puree to top these delicious coconut cupcakes. There are many fruits that go with coconut, such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, lemon, orange, lilikoi (passion fruit), rasberries, and much much more.
I love to experiment with many different types of flavors. A puree is so simple to make and is usually something you can use to top anything! Take the fruit puree you made for these cupcakes and put them on toast to give your breakfast that tropical, sweet flavor.
The main thing to remember when making desserts is to be creative! Try out anything that you think will taste good and see if it works. There are plenty of choices and usually, it opens you up to a bunch of different flavors, treats and ways to excite your taste buds. Enjoy!