- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Coconut Shrimp Recipe
3 Great Coconut Shrimp Recipes
If your looking for a great coconut shrimp recipe then you're lucky to have arrived here where we have for you three really great coconut shrimp recipes that every one is sure to love and enjoy.
Up first we have for you Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp with delicious pineapple salsa.
For This Coconut Shrimp Recipe you will want.
Shrimp Batter Mix.
1. 3 Eggs.
2. 2 Cups All Purpose Plain Flour.
3. 1/2 Cup Beer.
4. 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder.
5. Coconut Oil To Fry Your Shrimp In.
6. 3 Cups Fresh Frozen Coconut.
For your seasoning mix you will want.
1. 1 Tablespoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
2. 2 Teaspoons Salt.
3. 2 Teaspoons Sweet Paprika.
4. 2 Teaspoons Black Pepper.
5. 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder.
6. 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder.
7. 1 Teaspoon Thyme.
Mix all your seasoning mix together and set aside.
In a blender mix 1-4 of your shrimp batter together and mix very well in your blender.
Now put your coconut out into a bowl.
Dip your shrimp by the tail into first the seasoning mix and coat well. Now dip into the batter and now roll in the coconut and lay your shrimp out on a tray or platter. Cover your coconut shrimp with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before deep frying in a 350 degree deep fryer until golden brown.
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
1. 1 Cup Crushed Pineapple.
2. 1 Cup Sweet Purple Onion minced very fine.
3. 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro.
4. 1/4 Cup Pineapple Preserves.
5. 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice.
6. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
You now want to put all the above ingredients into a large bowl and mix together well. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving with your coconut shrimp recipe above.
Recipe 2 For Coconut Shrimp.
Coconut Shrimp Kabobs with Island Coconut Salsa
For this coconut shrimp recipe you will want the below.
1. 1 Cup Coconut Milk.
2. 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice.
3. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
4. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
5. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin.
6. 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander.
7. 18-24 Pineapple Chunks.
You will need 2 pounds of large peeled and deveined shrimp and bamboo skewers to put your shrimp and pineapple chunks on.
Mix 1-6 in a blender and mix very well. Place your shrimp and pineapple chunks onto the bamboo skewers and place into a shallow pan. Pour your coconut marinade over the shrimp and set covered in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
Now after the shrimp has marinated at least four hours remove the pan from the refrigerator and grill your skewers of shrimp on a pre-heated grill on low heat. Turn often and be sure to only cook until your shrimp is done. Serve with the below Island Coconut Salsa.
Island Coconut Shrimp Salsa.
1. 2 Cups Fresh Frozen Coconut Thawed.
2. 1 Cup Fresh Finely Chopped Cilantro.
3. 1 Cup Green Onions Including Tops Diced Fine.
4. 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice.
5. 3 Tablespoons Fresh Minced Ginger.
6. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic.
7. 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt.
8. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
9. 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Mix all of the above in a bowl well and then refrigerate overnight before serving with your coconut shrimp on the skewers that you have grilled.
Recipe 3 For Coconut Shrimp.
Caribbean Shrimp Over Rice Or Pasta
And here for our third recipe we have a delightfully easy recipe for another coconut shrimp recipe that you and everyone who tries it is sure to love.I serve it over rice or pasta and people seem to love it either way.
1. 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice.
2. 4 Cups Coconut Milk.
3. 1 Large Purple Sweet Onion diced very fine.
4. 1 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
5. 1 Pound Fresh Fine Chopped Ripe Tomatoes.
6. 2 Tablespoons Vinegar.
7. 1 Teaspoon Fresh Finely Chopped Thyme.
8. Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
9. 2 Tablespoons Fresh Frozen Coconut Thawed.
Combine 1-4 in your blender and mix well. Pour into a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture comes almost to a boil and reduce heat to low medium.Cook until mixture is reduced slightly. Pour over two pounds peeled and deveined shrimp in a large skillet. Now add the rest of your ingredients and cook over low heat until tomatoes are cooked through.Do not overcook your shrimp. Only cook until all your shrimp are done.
Remove from heat and add your salt and black pepper to taste and the 2 tablespoons fresh coconut. Stir well and serve over pasta or rice at once.
And there you have three of the best ever recipes for coconut shrimp.
Please post your comments about coconut shrimp below. Let me hear from you.