- Food and Cooking
Coleslaw Recipe: Amazingly Easy
A Lovely Cabbage.
A perfect side for any meal, especially fried chicken or fried fish. Just follow the instructions below. This recipe, that you can easily make yourself, is delicious, no doubt! In a hurry, don't have time to slice cabbage and grate carrots...buy them prepacked, just put in the bowl.
Don't buy coleslaw at the popular "chicken" fast food restaurants! Why?
The coleslaw you can buy already made is not nearly as good, in fact, it is just ok. That's not good enough! That may be why some don't care for it much. Make it yourself and tast the difference, you will be surprisingly happy...finally a delicious coleslaw.
- 1 each Cabbage (head), Sliced, finely
- 2 each Carrots (peeled), Grated
- 1-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- OPTIONAL: Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Walnuts, A hanful is all you need to add variety and additional nutrients!
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir just until smooth and creamy, all one color.
- In same bowl, add sliced cabbage, grated carrots. Toss gently, from the bottom of the bowl to coat with creamy mixture. Note: the bowl will appear to be very full, but will become less full as ingredients are all combined.
- You are done! Cover, refigerate at least 20 minutes, or until ready to serve. You will notice, the bowl doesn't look so full now...enjoy!
Make it your own...
I suggest you adjust any of these ingredients to your own personal preference and taste. For sweeter coleslaw, add raisins (optional), for a tangier taste, add dried cranberries. Are you nuts about nuts? Add a handful of walnuts for a wonderful variation of coleslaw, al well as adding additional nutrients.