Cookies Recipe: Strawberry Cookies
Cookies are among the most favorite desserts. I have already written a hub on how to make sugar cookies from scratch, and today I'll share another cookies recipe: strawberry cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F (177 C)
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar until fluffy, 2 minutes. Mix in egg yolk, lemon peel and vanilla. Beat in flour and 1/4 cup berries. With your hands, work the crumbly mixture until it forms into a smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 3-inch scalloped cutter to cut rings. Cut center with a 3/4-t to 1-inch round cutter. Reroll and cut scraps.
- Place rings on cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove; let cool on wire racks.
- Puree and sieve remaining berries. Stir together berry puree, powdered sugar, and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until icing sets.
You can use vanilla frosting instead of berry puree in your strawberry cookies. To learn how to make it, check How To Make Vanilla Frosting hub.
Nutrition per cookie
|Serving size: 1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 24 g||8%|
|Sugar 13 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|