Cooking: Almond Crusted Chicken With Garlic Lime Sauce & Brown Rice (Gluten Free)
seriously...I LOVE THIS DISH. so good!! | Source
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- sunflower, olive, or grapeseed oil
- about 1/8 cup crushed almonds, or enough to coat the chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add brown rice and cook until soft.
- While the rice is cooking, dip the chicken breast in the egg white and then roll it in the crushed almonds. Heat a skillet with about a tablespoon of your preferred oil. Swirl the oil around to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Gently and carefully place the chicken breast in the hot oil. Flip with tongs every so often to cook both sides of the chicken, but be careful when flipping to keep from pulling the almond crust off of the chicken. Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink (about 10-15 minutes depending on size of chicken breast)
- Once rice is cooked, drain it and transfer it to a plate. I cut my chicken before putting it on but it's a matter of preference.
- Pour heavy cream, lime juice, and white wine into the pan you cooked the chicken in. Add garlic and butter and simmer the sauce on low heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and rice. Dinner is served!