Cooking: The Best Chicken Salad Recipe You Will Ever Taste (Gluten Free) - Chunky Honey Dijon Chicken Salad
yummyyyy! these are all the ingredients you need.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 40 min
Yields: medium sized bowl if a side, or 5-6 sandwiches
- 3 grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1.5 cups grapes, sliced into halves
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, crushed or chopped
- about 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or honey
- about 1/4 cup honey dijon mustard
- about 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Mix together chicken, grapes, celery, apple, onion, and pecans into a medium or large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey dijon mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice and sugar/honey.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, combine the sauce with the chunky ingredients in the large bowl until the ingredients are just coated with the sauce.
- Mix together until well combined. If it is too soupy, throw the mixture into a strainer and strain out the excess sauce.
- Does it taste like it needs something extra?This recipe is best with taste testing. Cut back on or add ingredients as you see fit. Try adding some cayenne pepper or extra lemon juice to give it a more spicy or tangy kick. For a sweeter chicken salad, add more honey/sugar, and for a more mustardy taste cut back on mayo.
the finished product...AKA all of the delicious amazing sustenance you will ever want (especially if you're a college kid during exam week!)