Cooking With Leftovers: The Perfect Chicken Quesadilla With A Secret Ingredient
Being a family of two adults we tend to have a lot of leftovers. We have so many people come over from time to time, we normally cook for 5-6 a night, but the nights we cook only for ourselves, we always make too much food. Unfortunately neither of us are good at eating leftovers; we always like to have something new and different the next day... except lasagna, we can eat that for days at a time. Slowly but surely I began creating recipes just from leftovers so we were not wasting so much food.
We switched to making chicken tacos instead of beef about a year ago, and we have yet to make a beef taco again since. We use the packaged taco mix with 3 chicken breast cut up into chunks. Cook the chicken in a little bit of butter and olive oil and then add the taco seasoning and water. The trick is to then put the chicken in a food processor and shred the chicken with the taco mix. The flavor is amazing! But then we had a whole bunch of left over taco chicken without a lot of options. This is where I came up with making quesadillas with a twist: Marscapone cheese.
A Great Tool To Make Quesadillas
Chicken Quesadillas with Leftover Chicken Taco Mix and Marscapone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Left Over Chicken Taco Mixture
- (2) tablespoons Marscapone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
- (3) tablespoons roughly chopped fresh sweet basil
- (2) Flour Tortillas
- 1/4 Cup Diced Tomato
- Salsa and Sour Cream For Serving
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Lay the flour tortillas flat on a baking sheet
- Spread the marscapone cheese evenly on both flour tortillas
- On on flour tortilla layer the cheddar cheese, shredded chicken, sweet basil, diced tomato and Colby Jack cheese.
- Cover with the second flour tortilla
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and the top tortilla is browned
- Take out and let sit for about 2 minutes
- Cut into triangles and serve with sour cream and salsa
You can also use a quesadilla maker for these, just make sure not to over fill the tortillas if you choose this option.