- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Cranberry salad is a great fall food. It makes an excellent addition to holiday meals or just as a side item to roasted poultry. It is a congealed salad packed full of nutrients and antioxidents. This salad recipe combines the sweet taste of pineapple with the tartness of cranberries for an amazing taste sensation.
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 9 oz can pineapple, crushed
- 1 grated rind of an orange
- 1 3 oz box lemon jello
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup nuts, pecans and/or walnuts
- Mix the copped cranberries, sugar, pineapple and orange rind together in a medium bowl (with a lid). Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, dissolve jello in the hot water. Add orange juice to it and let sit until gelled slightly.
- Mix in cranberry mixture & nuts lightly but thoroughly.
- Pour into a container or mold and refrigerate until completely set (firm).