Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Vote for Cranberry Sauce
Recipe in Rebus:
- 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 4-5 oranges, juice AND zest
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup sugar
How to Do It:
- Put cranberries in saucepan away from heat.
- Add port wine, and put over a medium high flame. Let these cook while you prepare the add-ins.
- Using a zester, remove zest (peel) from your oranges, and set aside for now.
- Halve the oranges, and juice.
- Meantime, back at the stove. Add sugar, and stir.
- Add the fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Remove needles from rosemary, and chop incredibly fine--to prevent a woody, mouth feel. Reserve a sprig or two to garnish.
- Add orange zest to simmering cranberries, reserving a few shreds for garnish.
- Add pulverized rosemary, and simmer a few minutes more--or less--depending on desired consistency. Remember, the cranberry will become gelatinous upon cooling.
- Just add a turkey dinner, and you are in like Flynn. :)