- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
My recipe for cream cheese pie is always a huge hit among family, friends, and strangers alike. It's incredibly easy, quick, and it's perfect for almost any occasion. Whip one up in a jiffy for unexpected guests, for family gatherings, or just for one of those sugar-filled lazy Sundays on the couch!
Click here for the homemade graham cracker pie crust recipe!
- 1 9-inch Graham Cracker Pie Crust, Homemade or store-bought
- 1 Package (8 oz) Cream Cheese, Softened at room temperature
- 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract (vanilla flavoring works fine, too)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- With an electric mixer, beat on low setting for 1 1/2 minutes, or until large chunks are broken up. Then beat on high setting for 3 minutes, or until chunks are eliminated.
- See the pictures on the right to get an idea of what the filling should look like when you're done mixing. It's should be thick and fluffy. When it's done, pour it into your pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. The longer it's in the fridge, the better it will turn out! Not enough time in the fridge may lead to the filling being a bit runny. It won't remain in shape when you cut a slice. I usually leave mine in the fridge for a couple of hours just to be safe.
This pie goes great with cherry and strawberry flavors! Add some fresh strawberries or cherries to liven it up.
Feel free to play with this recipe! Some people like a little more lemon flavor. In that case, use 1/3 cup of lemon juice instead of 1/4. If you like the vanilla flavor more, though, use one tablespoon of vanilla extract instead of 2 teaspoons.