Cream of Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 Leeks, (medium)
- 2 Potatoes, (medium)
- 1 Onion, Small
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- Single Cream, (to taste)
- Roughly chop leeks & onion and fry them in butter until they are soft, but not brown.
- While the leeks and onions are frying, peel and cube the potatoes and add them to the soup pot.
- Add 2 pints of boiled water and the stock cubes to the soup pot. When the leeks and onion are soft, add those to the pot too.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup to your preferred consistency. If you do not wish to blend the soup then this step can be skipped.
- Add the single cream to taste. If you do not wish to use single cream, this step can be skipped.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
A good serving suggestion for this recipe is to buy some part baked rolls (petits pain). These can be put in the oven and baked (according to the packaging instructions) while the soup is boiling and can be served along with the soup.
This soup recipe can be frozen and reheated, so if you are cooking for one or two people you can either half the recipe, or make the full recipe and store the rest for later. This soup will survive overnight, so if you wish, you can make this the night before and then simply heat to serve on the day.
What's the best food to freeze and reheat?
© 2015 VerityPrice