Creamy Banana Smoothie Recipe
Banana Smoothie Recipe
Bananas are an excellent addition to any smoothie. Rather than using ice, freeze bananas before adding to smoothies. As a result, your smoothie will be the perfect texture and consistency. Ensure your bananas are very ripe before freezing. They should have a cheetah type of spotting on their skin. They are sweeter when ripened, and you will not need to add sugar to your smoothie.
Bananas are high in vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. Bananas are known for their ability to help regulate blood pressure. What a better way to add important nutrients to your diet than with a delicious, quick and easy banana smoothie!
- Add a handful of spinach to boost the nutrition of this recipe.
- Non-dairy milk and vegan yogurt may be used to make this smoothie vegan friendly
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- a splash of vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with coconut-based whipped cream, if desired.
© 2013 Audrey Baker