Light and Creamy Apple Almond Salad
Just a quick and simple recipe for a light and refreshing side dish. It can also be added to finish off a bed of lettuce for a light lunch.
- 2 Apples, Diced and cored
- 1- tsp. mayo
- 3-tbsp cool whip
- 2-tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, crushed
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp celery, sliced thin
- Core and dice apples, leaving skin on for all the extra fiber. Slice celery very thin. Put almonds in a small plastic bag and crush gently until desired amount is established.
- Mix all ingredients well and immediately refrigerate.