Creamy Parmesan Buttermilk Dressing
Parmesan Buttermilk Dressing
A Great Thick & Creamy Salad Dressing
This salad dressing is delicious. It is mixed somewhat thick and is great when mixed with the salad ahead of serving. It is best made with buttermilk but can be made with regular milk in a pinch. This dressing is easy to make, inexpensive, and only requires a few commonly kept ingredients. Grated parmesan in the can is okay to use but it is better when made with grated parmesan from the refrigerated section.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup parmesian cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic, jar kind
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, (1 tsp dried if you substitute)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, course ground
- In a large jar or medium size bowl with a lid, put all ingredients together and mix (or shake) them together well. Let sit for an hour at least.
- Add to the salad and mix it in well. Enjoy!