Creamy Shrimp Almandine Casserole Recipe
Are you looking for a great shrimp recipe idea for a dinner party or other special occasion? Consider making this rich and creamy shrimp and rice casserole the next time you want to impress guests or family members with your ability to whip up tasty and unique seafood recipes! While there are several ways to prepare shrimp, this shrimp and rice casserole is both unusual and delicious.
Recipe for Creamy Shrimp Almandine Casserole
- 3 pounds of large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of sherry
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1/3 cup of Almond slivers
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 10 X 13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Peel and dice onion and remove seeds from bell pepper and dice. Add onions and peppers to melted butter in the skillet and cook until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir in the tomato soup, cream, and sherry, mixing thoroughly until well combined and smooth. Add shrimp and toss to cover. Place shrimp mixture in the casserole dish.
- Add the rice to the casserole dish and gently stir until the rice is thoroughly combined with the shrimp and sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top of the casserole mixture.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Serve immediately
This rich and creamy main course recipe is best served with a simple vegetable side dish, such as sautéed zucchini, crisp-tender green beans, or some type of vegetable medley. A green salad is also an excellent accompaniment to this main dish. Add a crusty French bread roll and some type of light and fruity dessert and you will have a perfect and elegant meal for any occasion.
Because the Creamy Shrimp Almandine Casserole recipe is such a rich dish, avoid serving with starchy side dishes or vegetable casseroles prepared with cream or cheese.
Note: You can assemble the casserole ahead of time to minimize last minute preparation, and then pop it in the oven just over an hour before you are scheduled to serve dinner to your guests.