Using your rice cooker creatively. How to make organic fried rice in it.
Cooking rice in a rice cooker
Creative Cooking in my Rice Cooker
Easy recipes for the cooking impaired. Using your rice cooker for more than steamed rice. Variety is only limited to your own imagination.
After recently purchasing an automatic rice cooker we are learning to enjoy it immensely.
Personal favorite rice is Jasmine long grain white. Excellent flavor.
It is easy to create great rice side dishes with just a little imagination.
Today's rice treat side dish recipe follows:
- 1 cup dry uncooked organic long grain rice, rinsed in cold water
- 2 cups cool water
- 1/2 cup left over cooked organic chicken, de-boned, skinned and diced
- one small organic onion (about 1/4 cup), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup organic mushroom, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic celery, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons organic Teriyaki sauce/marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- Put olive oil in bottom of cooker
- Mix all ingredients together and put into cooker
- Put on the cover and push the 'cook' or 'on' button
- When done, it will click to warm position
You can add anything you would normally put into your fried rice that you make in a skillet on the top of the stove.
Can this be more easy?
Fast, convenient, and delicious.
by d.william 01/12//11
Cooking with my rice cooker
My hub was written/posted in Jan.2011. It had 1,883 views. This video was posted recently on youtube?
Types of Rice
© 2011 d.william