Crema de Fruta Recipe
On a beautyful saturday morning, a lady dressed in white rode a bus heading north to a nearby province. Her mission: to visit her boyfriend and to impress her soon to be in-laws. She was carrying a brown paperbag containing the ingredients of her favorite dessert - Crema de fruta...
Okay, enough of the intro, here's the recipe that the lady had mastered years before she met the boyfriend.
- 2 packs graham crackers
- 1 can of condensed milk (250 ml)
- 1 pack of all purpose cream (250 ml)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 can fruitcocktail
- 1 pack gellatin powder
- Combine the condensed milk, all purpose cream, butter & egg in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Transfer in a saucepan and simmer until the mixture thickens lightly.
- Arrange the graham cracker in a square or rectangular container and layer it with the prepared cream. Repeat until 4 to 5 layers depending on your size preference.
- Top with cream and fruitcocktail. (If you want, you can arrange the fruits to make it look even more appetizing)
- Cook the gellatin mixture as instructed in the label and pour it over the graham and fruit layer.
- Let it cool for a while and put in the fridge. Best served when chilled.
Later that day, the lady went home with a sweet smile on her face.