- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Crimson Cabbage Juice
The Benefits of Red Cabbage Juice
Cabbage is chock full of an amino acid called L-glutamine, which nourishes the cells lining the esophagus and stomach so they can heal themselves.
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, stem removed
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, any variety
- Wash and soak cabbage halves for five minutes before juicing.
- Cut up the apple and vegetables.
- Juice fruit slices and vegetables one-by-one.
- Add juice to a mixer with ice.
- Shake, pour, and enjoy.
Apple seeds contain amygdalin, a substance that releases cyanide when it comes into contact with human digestive enzymes, and should be carefully removed before juicing.