Crisp Fried Potatoes and Cauliflower in Rich creamy Onion and Tomato Sauce
I personally love cooking and when I get bored with regular food, I start trying out dishes that pop in my mind. This dish did strike me yesterday night, when I wanted to try out something tangy yet spicy.
I looked up my kitchen for vegetables but was able to find, just half a cauliflower, two tomatoes, one onion and few potatoes. So I thought a bit and decided to prepare something delightful and tasty.
So then I started pulsating my brains and embarked on the journey to create yet another delightful tasty dish to tickle my taste buds ! I would say our taste buds as you read and start preparing this dish :D
- Half Cauliflower
- Two Potatoes
- Two Tomatoes
- One Onion
- Some Garlic
- 4 Dry Red Chilli
- Some Ginger
- 1 spoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 Spoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 Spoon Turmeric Powder
- Some Cumin and Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
Get Set and Go >>>>
- Take the cauliflower and potato pieces (peel off the potato skin before you chop it) and deep fry them in oil till they get a brownish tinge
- Place them on a plate covered with paper napkin to drain off excess oil
- Put some oil in frying pan and heat it
- Add red chilli, onion and cut tomatoes to it along with ginger and garlic and fry them for 2-3 minutes
- Now put them in a grinder and grind them to form a smooth creamy paste. Keep the cream aside.
- Now put oil in frying pan and heat it.
- Put Mustard and cumin seeds and as they crackle add in the tomato onion cream.
- Add in coriander, turmeric and chilli powder
- Add salt and stir well, cover with a lid and let it steam for a minute
- Now add in the fried potato and cauliflower pieces, mix well and add half cup of water.
- Cover it with a lid and let it steam for 10 minutes on a low heat. Keep occasionally stirring every 2 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir and mix the dish well and garnish with some cilantro leaves.
- You can now enjoy your rich and creamy dish.