- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Crispy Spatchcocked-say what- Chicken
Spatch-cocking is another word for butterflying. You basic split your chicken using an easy process and roast it. It cooks fast and evenly, making for a quick meal.
- 1 fresh chicken, spatchcocked
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, rub all over the chicken
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/3 Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- Cut Back bone out of chicken with kitchen sheers. Cut around breast bone from inside cavity to 'relax' the chicken
- Rub salt all over chicken
- Add diced vegetables to pan--lay chicken on top of the veges and slide into 425˚F oven
- Cook until well browned and crispy. Make pan gravy with the drippings.
Old Cuff's Chicken Video
We like chicken spatchcocked and roasted in the oven. However, we'll be exploring other ways to cook this flattened bird. Grilling seems to be the next logical choice.