- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Crispy Vegetable Pancakes, Kids' Favorite
I love the chance to throw vegetables at my kids. Especially when they just plain taste good. In this case carrots and zucchini pair up with a little red onion and potato, and the result is crispy fabulousness. I also love that these are a no brainer. They go together in a flash, cook for about ten minutes, and the kids eat them like crazy. They really are good - crispy like hashbrowns, but with a subtle sweetness from the carrots and crunch from the zucchini. Mmmm.
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Over medium heat, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, tossing well to combine.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the vegetable mixture into the hot pan. Pat each pancake gently with the back of a spatula to flatten it.
- Allow each pancake to cook on the first side for 3-4 minutes - you're looking for the edges to be golden and crispy before you flip them. Turn each one once, and cook on the second side an additional 3-4 minutes. Both sides should be crispy and golden.
- Serve immediately. These are great plain, but try a little cream fraiche if you can get it or if not, sour cream is yummy too.
Visit the Website!
- The Thrillbilly Gourmet
Making gourmet food accessible to every cook. Classic technique applied to everyday food for spectacular results!