- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
Cupcake Pan Mini Apple Pies Recipe
Like My Recipe?
I love apple pie! One day, I came across a picture of mini-pies. I thought they were adorable and I had to try them! I just used a regular Apple Pie recipe, except I made it in a cupcake pan.
Judging how many apples I would need was tough. Also making the dough stretch to do all 12 pies and the lattice for each was difficult. After a little bit of guessing, I figured out what worked for me.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe!
Nutritional value is approximate.
Out of the Oven
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, For pastry
- 1 teaspoon Salt, For pastry
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Shortening, For pastry
- 6-8 tablespoons Cold Water, For pastry
- 1/3 cup Sugar, For filling
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour, For filling
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, For filling
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg, For filling
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt, For filling
- 4 Medium Green Apples, For filling - chopped small
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Margarine, For filling
- In a mixing bowl, mix 2 cups flour and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Put in shortening, using pastry cutter (or knives) to cut up shortening, until the shortening looks like little peas.
- Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mix with a fork until flour is moistened and pastry starts to come together (6-8 tablespoons should do the trick).
- Roll the pastry dough into a ball. Cut in half and shape into 2 flattened rounds on lightly floured surface.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap or baggy. Put the dough into the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Grease your cupcake pan! Use a rolling pin to roll out both pastry rounds thin. Use something circular (like a biscuit cutter) that is 3-4 inches in diameter to cut out the 12 circles. Shape them into the cupcake pan.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, 1/4 cup flour, the cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir in apples. Spoon into pastry-lined cupcake pan. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over filling.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips. Put strips over your filling lattice-style.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let cool and serve alone or with ice-cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
|Serving size: 1 Pie|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|