How To Make Cupcakes Fast and Easy
Homemade cupcakes are the best. Slight variations to the recipe can be done to produce cupcake to suit the different taste buds and health needs.
The following is my version of a really simple and tasty cup cake recipe. Do not be afraid to make changes according to your needs. i follow this recipe when I am having a party. When I bake for my family, I will only use 240g of sugar as my husband is a diabetic and the kids don't like the cakes too sweet.
My daughter likes to add chocolate chips when she does a batch, so she too reduces the sugar to balance the taste. i like mine with raisins!
- 300g / 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 300g / 1 1/3 cups caster sugar (fine grained sugar)
- ½ teaspoonful vanilla essence
- 6 eggs, medium sized
- 340g / 2 2/5 cups flour, self-raising
- 4 tablespoonsful milk
Flour -well shifted
Sugar - caster
- Cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla essence. Note: The mixture should look pale and light. Don’t over beat as the butter will split and become oily. If you begin to see the oil, stop immediately.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Make sure you beat the eggs well with each addition.
- Divide the flour to five portions and fold it into the mixture portion by portion. Note: Use a metal spoon to keep the mixture cool and light. The metal spoon does not allow any air to escape. The wood grain in a wooden spoon can allow air to escape.Do not use the electrical beater anymore. If you want to add some raisins or chocolate chips to your cupcake, add them to the dry flour before folding it with the mixture. This will prevent the raisins / chocolate chips from falling to the bottom of your cakes.
- Lastly fold in the milk with your spoon until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line your patty tins with the paper cups. Fill the batter into the paper cups and bake. Note: With this portion, I can usually make 24 medium sized cupcakes. You can half the measurements to get a dozen but experience tells me that 12 cupcakes is never enough especially if you have kids!
- The cupcakes take about 30 minutes to bake. When it is done, it should be golden brown and well risen. Note: If you want to put any toppings on the cupcakes, you have to wait until the cupcakes are cooled. If the cupcakes are sill warm, your cream will melt.
Easy Chocolate Cream
This is an easy cream to try for your cupcakes. Be brave and experiment. You can sprinkle chocolate rice or silver hearts on the cream to give it a glamorous touch.
1 tablespoonsful cocoa powder mixed with 2 tablespoonsful of warm water and cooled
70g butter (softened) / 1/3 cup
150 icing sugar (shifted) / 1 1/5 cups
Beat the butter and the icing sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Add the chocolate mixture and beat until it is smooth.
Note: For variation you can replace the cocoa mixture with coffee mixture or leave the icing plain and just add 2 drops of food coloring.