- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Green chilli can be used if you want the curried vegetable hot. Added hing, coriander powder and coconut for better taste.
- 2 Teaspoons Safflower oil, butter, or ghee, Clarified butter
- ½ Teaspoon Mustard seeds, (optional)
- Pinch of Asafetida (hing), (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Green chilli, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 Small cauliflower, Cored and cut into small, fine florets
- ¼ - ½ Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/3 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 ½ Cups Frozen petite peas
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut, Finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh cilantro, Finely chopped
- ½ Small Lime, Juice
In a large saucepan with lid, heat oil, butter, or ghee. Add mustard seeds, asafetida, and green chilli or bell pepper. Add cauliflower. Cover and dry-steam over very low heat, adding sea salt, coriander and turmeric as vegitables cook. Stir frequently. Add water if vegitables begin to stick. Cook 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until cauliflower is tender. Add peas, mix well, and cook for 3-4 minutes longer. Stir in coconut, cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and heat gently for a few minutes.
Wet curry variation
Place grated coconut in blender with ¼ teaspoon cumin, a small slice of fresh ginger, 1-2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/8 teaspoon turmeric, and water to cover. Liquefy. Add coconut sauce at end of cooking when adding peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add cilantro and lime juice.