Decadent Volcano Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Be warned! This is a very rich dark chocolate cupcake which is soft and moist. It may not look like other cupcakes and may result in a slightly crispy top.
It is not for the faint hearted but I promise that they are delicious and great tasting with or without frosting.
Dark chocolate contains many antioxidants and are beneficial for the cardiovascular system and nervous system too.
Hope you will enjoy them too!
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg Whites
- 300g Self raising flour and Milk powder combined, Milk Powder about 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 100g Dark Chocolate Bars, melted with butter over bran marie
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 225g Caster or Raw sugar
- 200g Butter
Recipe (makes 12-18 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius
- Beat eggs with sugar until thick and white
- Fold in sieved flour,milk powder, cocoa powder and Vanilla essence
- Add in and mix in melted butter and chocolate until mixed well
- Fill cupcake paper liners/holders with batter in cupcake baking tin
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes