Delicious Broccoli Casserole
A Great Way to Eat Broccoli
I love casseroles of almost any kind. This recipe is for a vegetable casserole. It is meant to be served as a side item with your favorite meat: fried chicken, pork chops, or even broiled or grilled fish. It could also be made into a full meal by adding some shredded cooked chicken or maybe some diced ham. This casserole has loads of cheese, onions, a little stuffing, and a delicious base. It is a scrumptious way to eat your green vegetables.
- 2 10 oz boxes chopped broccoli, frozen
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (sauteed a little)
- 1/2 package stuffing mix, the bag kind
- Cook and drain broccoli according to the directions on the package.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion in about a tablespoon of oil until the soften slightly. (about 5 minutes)
- In a medium size bowl, combine soup, eggs, mayonnaise, and onion. Add this to the broccoli and mix well.
- Pour the broccoli mixture into a casserole dish.
- Mix the stuffing mix with the 1/2 stick of melted butter. Spoon this mixture on top of the broccoli mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. Enjoy!