Delicious Carrot Juice with Turmeric and Ginger!
Freshly juiced fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals. Juicing ensures nutrients that would otherwise be destroyed through cooking are retained. Consuming fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of many lifestyle health conditions. Carrot juice with turmeric and ginger is both an energy booster and a natural healer.
How to Make Carrot Juice with Turmeric and Ginger
- 3 medium carrots
- ½-inch piece of fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½-inch piece of fresh turmeric or 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
1. Juice carrots, fresh turmeric and ginger using a juicer or;
2. Juice carrots, add ginger and turmeric powders, and stir well.
Fresh turmeric root and ginger root can be found at most health food stores and Asian markets.
Heath Benefits of Carrot Juice with Turmeric and Ginger
- Ginger root contains gingerol which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties responsible for its healing properties.
- It can be used to control all types of nausea including sea sickness, morning sickness, post-surgery nausea and chemotherapy related nausea.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing progression of muscle pain and exercise induced muscle soreness.
- The active agent gingerol helps to lower infection risk. This bioactive substance inhibits the growth of bacteria and works against oral bacterial that causes gum infections.
- Improves vision – they are rich in beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A that helps improve night vision. Beta-carotene also helps protect against muscular degeneration and senile cataracts.
- Helps prevent cancer – they contain falcarinol and falcarindiol which have anticancer properties that reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Slows down aging – beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant to cell damage caused by regular cell metabolism.
- Promotes healthier skin – the vitamin A in carrots prevents premature wrinkling, acne and dry skin.
- According to researchers, it slows down growth of cancer cells. The curcumin found in turmeric destroys cancer cells and also causes the cells to digest themselves.
- Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties may help to delay cirrhosis.
- In the past it has been used as a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Recent research indicates that curcumin can block the formation of the beta-amyloid plaques that get in the way of brain function in Alzheimer's disease