How to Make Coconut and Chickpea Flour Burfi
Coconut and Chickpea Flour Burfi
Delicious and Appetizing Dessert!
Coconut and chickpea flour burfi is an Indian traditional festival sweet that melts in your mouth. This dessert is not only delicious but also nutritious due to the ingredients like chickpea flour, coconut, and ghee. This burfi is relatively similar to another Indian traditional sweet named seven cup burfi in taste and flavor. But, the quantity of the ingredients differs among both the sweets.
I like making coconut and chickpea flour burfi as the recipe is hassle-free, includes not many ingredients, and the ingredients are normally available in my kitchen.
Being simple yet extremely flavorful dessert, coconut and chickpea flour burfi is very popular in South India. I made about 35 pieces of this burfi in 50 minutes. Let me now share with you a detailed recipe.
- 3 cups coconut gratings
- 3 cups+2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups or 1/4 liter thick milk (fat milk)
- 1 cup+1 teaspoon ghee, 1 teaspoon for greasing the plate
- 1 cup chickpea flour, sieved
- Grease a plate with ghee. This plate is for pouring the hot burfi. Keep aside.
- Sieve the gram flour. Keep aside.
- In a mixer jar, add coconut gratings. Pulse it once or twice to get coarse gratings. Keep aside.
- Melt the ghee. Keep ready.
- Now, start making the dessert. In a thick-bottomed pan, add coconut gratings, sugar, and milk. Heat the pan.
- Keep the flame high. Stir the mixture. Scrape the edges often with a spatula to ensure the mixture not sticking the pan.
- When the sugar melts completely, reduce the heat to medium-high. While stirring the mixture continuously, add gram flour. Blend it with the contents in the pan.
- Add melted ghee little by little and go on stirring the mixture.
- When the mixture thickens, reduce the heat further.
- Stir and scrape the mixture continuously until it leaves the edges, becomes porous, and light. At this point, the moisture evaporates completely.
- Immediately, turn off the heat. Pour the mixture into the greased plate.
- Spread it with a spatula. Tap the plate to get an even surface. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- When the mixture is still hot, draw criss-cross lines on it with a knife. You can draw straight lines also. This process is to cut the dessert to your desired shape later.
- If possible, insert the knife deeper on the lines.
- Once it solidifies, cut it on the lines and separate the pieces.
- Arrange them on a plate. Your favorite coconut and chickpea flour burfi are ready!
- Enjoy eating this delectable dessert! Store the remaining in a clean airtight container. They remain fresh for a week at room temperature. For longer shelf life, store them in the refrigerator and use up to a month.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 22 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|