- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Creamy Dip For Fruit Recipe
Cream cheese, sour cream, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla combine wonderfully in this recipe to take the sweetness of fruit to a whole new level! This delicious creamy dip for fruit takes less than 20 minutes to make, and it's bound to disappear nearly as fast!
- 8 ounces dairy sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh fruit
- a measuring cup
- a measuring spoon
- an electric mixer
- a dip bowl
- a serving platter
- With an electric mixer set on low speed, beat the cream cheese until it becomes smooth.
- Gradually beat in the sour cream until it is combined with the cream cheese.
- Gradually stir in the milk, brown sugar and vanilla until the mixture reaches an ideal dipping consistency.
- Transfer to a dip bowl, cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Place the dip bowl on the center of your serving platter. Surround the dip attractively with an assortment of fresh fruit dippers. (See Quick Tips below Nutrition Facts)
|Serving size: 1 Tbsp of dip|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- To quickly soften your cream cheese: Remove it from it's original foil wrapping, and wrap with plastic wrap. Submerge in a bowl of hot tap water for 5 minutes or so.
- Small fruits such as blueberries and grapes will not need to be sliced, cutting down your prep time a bit.
- Be sure to take a look at some of the other delicious dip recipes here on Hub Pages.