- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Dieting Delicious, Cheat Day: Blueberry Blender Ice Cream
If you are trying to cut back on sugar, or starting a lifestyle change with your diet, it is important to make sweets difficult to find in your kitchen. Keeping sugary foods out of the house prevents binge eating. It is still okay to treat yourself every now and then. Healthy alternatives are a guilt free way to do this. I love making this recipe when I have a sweet tooth craving I just can't beat. I only eat it when I am really serious about a craving because I cannot just pull out a carton of ice cream from the freezer and pig out! Nonetheless, this recipe can be made with any type of fruit. It's absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned) or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp organic pure maple syrup (real maple syrup only)
- 1-2 cup frozen blueberries (or any other desired fruit)
- 1/8 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Add cream or coconut milk, maple syrup and blueberries to the blender. (If your coconut milk is too thick when blending, add almond or cashew milk, 1 tbsp at a time. Keep in mind, it will be thick because it is ice cream.)
- Blend for roughly 1-2 minutes (for ninja blender on setting 3) or until thick and creamy, similar to frozen yogurt. If you prefer a more firm ice cream, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes before eating.
- drizzle additional maple syrup over the top of the ice cream, if desired. Top with shredded coconut and enjoy!
© 2016 Healthy Habits